Thursday, September 18, 2014
Blog Feed Instagram YouTube Comments

Does Anyone Else Confuse Kurt Russell with Patrick Swayze?

August 26, 2009 by

russell_swayze

Eric thinks I’m crazy but I get Kurt Russell and Patrick Swayze confused all the time. I feel like in the 80′s these two could have been brothers. Every movie they both wore the same super-tight, acid-washed jeans with the tucked-in sleeveless t-shirt and the overgrown mullet. Go back and watch “Road House” and “Big Trouble in Little China” and tell me I’m not right.

Comments:

20 Responses to “Does Anyone Else Confuse Kurt Russell with Patrick Swayze?”
  1. Sarah says:

When I was growing up, I always got these two confused. What’s even funnier was last year, I went on a cruise and there was this guy at my dinner table who looked like a cross between Kurt and Patrick, so my brother and I started calling him “Kurt Swayze”

2. Gwen says:

Yeah, I am the same; just finished watching a movie called ‘Dreamer’ starring Kurt Russell and all the way through the movie thought “what a shame he had to die so young”, but of course, it is Patrick Swayze who died. They are not identical, but nonetheless have many facial features that are the same. RIP Patrick, you gorgeous hunk!

3. Chris says:

I couldn’t agree more. I always get these two guys confused!! When I mentioned this to my brother a few years ago he looked at me like I was crazy. I’m glad I’m not the only one.

4. michelle says:

yes i most definately have to agree!!! i only discovered this the other night when i watched a film with kurt russel and thought it was patrick swayze!!!

5. Nick says:

Thank you!! My sentiments exactly

6. Kurt says:

LOL my name is Kurt Swayze

7. brittany says:

I get Patrick and Kurt mixed up all the time too. I also get Brooke Sheilds and Denise Richards mixed up too, dunno why. It seems I can only remember one of their names and not the other (had to look up Charlies ex wife to remember Denise)

8. chris r says:

just watched tombstone and through I thought it was swayze then at the end noticed his name in the credits, turned out to be kurt I had to google to see if anyone else has had this trouble…and here I am now!

9. jason says:

I have the same problem and people think im crazy but obviously there is a similarity or there wouldn’t be so many people having rhe same problem.

10. Andrew says:

i’m watching tango and cash and thought it was patrick swayze but when i checked the guide it said kurt russell.. LOL

11. marie says:

LOL that is sooo funny I thought I was the only nut who would confuse them

12. barbra says:

both are litle almost alike brothers it must be very dificult to tell if which is one of KURT OR PATRICK their face is almost perfect not over 100 percent just awesome !

13. Anonymous says:

A friend just posted a pic on Facebook of Patrick on a horse & I thought it was Kurt. When it said RIP I thought oh no another great actor gone.

14. Fish says:

Same here! I was just trying to distinguish between the two…

15. janie says:

Watched Dirty Dancing for the umpteenth time a few days ago; today Kurt Russell is on The View. I still feel like they’re the same person!

16. BB says:

I don’t get it. They look nothing alike to me. Patrick was so much more handsome than Russell.

17. Juha Kaehkoelae says:

I just thought it was Kurt Russell and not Swayze dancing in Dirty Dancing. On the other hand Russell Crowe appeared in Gladiator from 2000.

18. Pete says:

Im sorry, but I thought Kurt Russel was dead from cancer.

19. qwe says:

Whant to make it even better? There is a third actor that i can add. Although I only confuse him with Kurt, not with Patrick. It goes like this:
    Patrick Swayze looks like Kurt Russel which looks like… Jeff Bridges
    Have a nice tome digesting that info :)

20. Helen says:

I am so ashamed of myself! This is absolutely unforgivable, but I did confuse my two favorite actors.
    I apologize! Maybe it’s because I am old and almost insane!

Join the Discussion!

Tell us what you're thinking...